Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well, it's almost 2013 here in Afghanistan (about 4 hours to go....) and I'm laying on my bed, thinking about New Year's Eves past....have had some good ones and some bad ones (shut up, Beth :) and have even had one underway in the middle of the Pacific....but I've never had one as weird as this one.  I wouldn't really even know it's New Year's Eve except I've had the news on for most of the evening and watched "The Today Show" (we get it live on AFN....at 5:30 pm).  Here in Afghanistan, it's business as usual....and tomorrow is just another day.  I will look forward to getting back home THIS year (almost) and having holidays off....well, let's just say I will look forward to getting back home this year and keep it at that.  :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!  




5 comments:

  1. Hope you have the greatest new year EVER! You deserve it. Get those resolutions in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Amy!!! Can't wait to celebrate your homecoming. 2013 is gonna be great!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Amy....thank you for all you do for this country and my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for you!

    Because of you (and others in the military), I'm preparing for my New Year's Eve tradition. My cousin and her boys will be heading over soon for an afternoon of playing outside and visiting, while Mike and Wade are out bowhunting for their final time in 2012. When they return after dark, we will sit down to a fondue feast of shrimp, steak, hotdogs, popcorn chicken, green beans, cheesy potatoes, and rolls. After dinner, we exchange Christmas gifts, play games, have drinks, and ring in the new year together before having our annual family sleepover. In the morning, we wake when we wake and have a big "morning after" breakfast.

    Thank you for your sacrifice in order for my family to enjoy our freedoms. I'm sorry that your New Year's Eve was anticlimatic, but know that it doesn't go unnoticed. Happy New Year! Here's to an awesome 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Amy! It's only 2pm here on the eve...you'll be in 2013 before us. Kev & I are thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete